Search results

1. truupR

That time already..... o/

So, after almost 3 years and around 18,000 miles the DC5 chapter has ended. It's a car that I've absolutely adored from the very first, to the very last drive to it's new owner. I'm genuinely sad knowing it's now somebody else's to enjoy but I felt the turbo itch had to be scratched, and...
  2. truupR

strut/top mount part numbers?

As title suggests I'm after part numbers for the different bits that make up the strut/top mount. Front passenger side has developed a knock when going over bumps. I changed these (not sure the name but that's what they look like :oops: ) the other month as they looked as if they'd started to...
  3. truupR

The most NA power achievable?

I'm sure it's probably something that gets asked a lot, however I'm struggling to find the specifics (mod/parts list etc.) So as the title suggests - what is the most realistic power achievable without boost I'm really not too keen on boosting the DC5 as now looking at honda's new direction to...
  4. truupR

How often do you consider selling?

For the past 6 months now I've been getting that itch to get a new car.. Having owned the teg for almost 2 and a half years, it's now the longest I've owned any one car! There's no doubt the teg still puts a smile on my face. I love its rare factor. People are always asking about it when they...
  5. truupR

Ride Height - Eibach vs Spoon vs ??

So, the RPF1's have gone on and while the car is sat on eibach springs it's become apparent I need more 'low'. Is there any major difference between eibachs and spoon springs in terms of ride height? I'd like the car slightly lower with the dream being not having to spend 700+ on coilovers...
  6. truupR

teg suffering from the kangaroo effect

This buckaroo feel to the car has been there for quite some time now. It's exactly as you'd imagine from the description - the car just constantly jolts/bumps when accelerating/decelerating/changing gears. It feels to me exactly like when an engine mount has gone. The front mount went about a...
  7. truupR

Strange rattle sound on idle

I've started to notice an odd sound coming from the front end of the car when it's idling (and I think I can hear it when I'm rolling in gear). The only way I can describe the sound is that its almost like a rattle but... not a rattle :/ it actually sounds a bit like white noise to me :S...
  8. truupR

Top mount failed - replacement?

As per title - I'm getting a horrid creaking/crunching sound when going to and from full or near full left steering lock. Also getting some knocking sound when going over bumps. Took it to my regular garage who diagnosed it as the passenger side top mount. Now the only problem is when I look...
  9. truupR

Engine flush - more damage than good?

So I'm about to have my oil changed again seeing as it's been around 6 months since my last service. Now I'm stepping up from a 0w30 to either a 5w30 or 10w40 because I feel like 0w30 is simply too thin given the mileage on my poor teg (almost 100k now :xalright: ). Tried looking for a concrete...
  10. truupR

DA polishing - when to expect the results?

So I'm about to begin the seemingly endless quest to clean up some of the swirlies and holograms in the teg. Now, this isn't really something I've dabbled in too much although I've watched countless video guides (courtesy of that junkman bloke) and read endless threads. I did a minuscule amount...
  11. truupR

can't get these things off my paint!

So, giving the teg a well deserved wash today after procrastinating about it for 2 weeks or so (assuming this good weather wouldn't actually last (like it never does in Wales)). Rinsed it down, gave it a good twice over using the 2 bucket method and all that usual washing malarky. I noticed...
  12. truupR

speedo not working!

Decided to finally fit the microphone thing for the handsfree thats build into the cd player I bought 6 months ago (lol). popped out the whole centre unit including hazard switch. Plugged in the mic into the back of the unit and just hid the wire behind the unit and pushed it all back in. I...
  13. truupR

Rear drop links + tie/track rod ends part no.'s?

As title suggests: need to buy a set of front track/tie rod ends (Whats the difference between a track rod end and a tie rod end? [showing how mechanically inept I am with that comment {bloke at the garage said track rod end}]). I emailed tegiwa who quoted £90 for the set delivered? is that...
  14. truupR

Detailing a mark out of your windscreen?

I've got a pretty irritating mark on my windscreen where it looks like a previous owner has either A. had something stuck in the windscreen wiper like a small stone and then switched the wipers on. Or B. Just kept using the windscreen wipers way past their due change date and part of the...
  15. truupR

to white or not to white

So this has been bugging me now for pretty much the whole time I've owned my teg (which is a whopping 2 months!) I'm undecided on what colour the alloys should be. Now before you kick off and call me out for asking such a silly question, I know this is a pure personal opinion and everyone's...
  16. truupR

Dreaded EML - slight rev hunt/rev sticking

As the title may suggest - I've had an engine management light come on in the teg :( a very sad day indeed. I've driven the car for about 40 miles since it's been on and haven't noticed anything different with the cars behaviour - except when I was in traffic today with a near cold engine, I...
  17. truupR

broken engine mount - options?

soooo it seems my unsettled ride is due to what I now suspect to be a torn/broken engine mount. At first it wasn't apparent but over the last week its become more prominent that its the engine mount (will get a profession inspection before I go buying anything :P) So now what do I do? - do I...
  18. truupR

Any alternative for OEM honda ballast?

The lights on the 'teg are playing up where when cornering at a moderate angle - the lights flicker :( I've had it on 2 occasions where one of the lights has gone out completely and didn't come back on until I turned all the lights off and back on again. Are there any cheaper alternatives to...
  19. truupR

first really comfy....now feels crashy?

Noticed a change in the 'teg since ive had it for this short time. When I first got it - everything felt really tight and the car drove and felt really nice on the road even over the sh*tty roads I've now exposed it to. When I first took it down the missus's house where they've recently laid 3...
  20. truupR

Any permanent fix for headlight condensation?

Been digging through the archives of threads trying to find a permanent fix for headlight condensation. It's starting to depress me that the passenger-side headlight is usually around 80% fogged (when the lights have been off its really bad, like water droplets are formed over almost all the...