Recent content by alg2500

1. A

Service at Alan Day Honda - Southampton

Oh and when I need my brakes done he said it would cost £170 for all 4 inc parts and labour. Sounded damn good to me.
  2. A

Service at Alan Day Honda - Southampton

Decided mid week I needed to get the oil changed on my DC5 as looking a tad on the black side. Called TGM and they said they could fit me in before the weekend but due to being far away from me I couldn't get enoug time off work. So thought i'd give the Alan Day Honda garage a call in...
  3. A

Places To Service The DC5?

I wanted to go down to TGM but they a quite far away from me and I desperately need to get my oil changed before the weekend because I was going on a long journey. So I thought I'd amuse myself and ask Honda - they said to me they could only do a Level 1 service on the car - and I was like ah...
  4. A

Insulting my lovely DC5 !

There is only one way to put these peoples minds at ease - take them out for a spirited drive. Watching them back up in the seat, silent and looking for the "oh shit" handle is all to pleasing. First day I got mine I took 5 people out in it from work. 8)
  5. A

Insulting my lovely DC5 !

Yeh my girlfriends sister said the other day mines a chav car... :shock: :shock: found myself explaining what the difference is. Though later on she went out in it and said it sounded cool, was like being in an aeroplane... women eh.
  6. A

There appears to be lots of tegs for sale (private)

I know what you mean about the prices - luckily at the moment I don't want a quick sale, so I'm going to hold mine as it is, it's completely standard and very low mileage - does sicken me a bit that some are going for stupid money. The thing is aswell - this time of year is always going to be...
  7. A

LPG Conversion

Fair do's, couldn't see it really being an option but thought i'd check.
  8. A

LPG Conversion

One of my biggest issues for selling up is the cost of petrol, I need something more economical - an LPG conversion popped into my head. Anyone know the pro's or con's of doing this?
  9. A

new member,what oil???sorry have searched.

Should I listen to my local honda garage when they say 0-30? Going to be doing an oil change soon - so glad I've seen this post.
  10. A

How far without KPRO

With the manifold - do you not lose low down acceleration? I might be confused - but everyone who is doing a manifold, de-cat etc - surely you are losing that back pressure and will only see the difference at higher speeds?? If I was going to do that setup I'd have the mugen twinloop so at...
  11. A

My 1/4 mile runs today at Santa Pod

What spec is your car? I ran completely standard and got 15.416 at best - kept losing traction and engine hopping. I'm now thinking the torque damper would be a good thing.
  12. A

Tyres

Any of you tried falkan 452's? I use them and they are awesome tyre for the price. I've tried Eagles and Toyo T1R's and have to say I prefer the 452's.
  13. A

Integra DC5 v Golf Mk4 R32

GOLF = Common!! :lol: Like most german cars you have to look hard to disguinish the difference between a normal one and a sport version. The R32 is v.heavy for a hot hatch tbh, think there is about 200kg difference between the Integra and R32 so that is a big decider. I think to get an...
  14. A

NEW JDM POWER CHAMBER INTAKE

Hmm interesting, Where did you find that? Seen something similar for the EK9 which I think make an extra 6-7hp, but had a nasty curve restricting flow. What power have people gained from just Gruppe -M
  15. A

Polish?

Should have used her head to get the scratches out. ;) G3 Compound is very good for polishing out scratches.