Search results

1. G

Ferodo DC2500 pads (fronts)

Are these supposed to come with shims? They're also a different shape to the standard ones - is that normal?
  2. G

Donnington 22nd July Full Day

I'm booked with bookatrack. Would be good to see some more tegs there.
  3. G

Donnington Evening 22nd May VIDEO

Booked up for this one with bookatrack.com
  4. G

Changing the oilfilter question.

Ok, so this has to be in the most awkward place. What's the easiest way to access it, from above or underneath the car? Also, the "special" tool that's mentioned in the tech manual - anyone have one of these? Are they easy to get hold of? Cheers.
  5. G

Got a quote cheaper than A-Plan!!!

Sky Insurance: www.skyinsurance.co.uk Tel: 0870 11 21 759 (or 0208 3645500 if you prefer) The address is; 56 Southbury Rd Enfield middx EN11YB. Offering 20% discount to Honda-Revs members. £480 with all mods declared and legal cover. £50 cheaper than a-plan!
  6. G

Semi slick recommendations?

What semi-slick tyres to people use on the track. Thinking of putting these on my track wheels when the Toyos are finished.
  7. G

Abingdon Trackday Fri 24th Feb anyone?

This is with Motor Sport Events: http://www.motorsport-events.co.uk/trac ... lendar.htm
  8. G

More Integra models

Got myself a DC2 and DC5 1/43rd scale model from one of the stands at the Classic Car show on Saturday. You can order them from here: http://www.autosportmodels.com/asm.sear ... axwords=20 They've got the Autoart 1/18th scale ones as well. £25 for 1/43 and £40 for 1/18th
  9. G

Suspension bush kits

Anybody use harder bush kits, if so which ones - Mugen do a kit don't they? If you have them, do you find there's an improvement over stock. Quicker turn-in or whatever? Also, how much did you pay?
  10. G

Trackday Insurance

Ok, following on from a previous discussion, list your Trackday insurance quotes: Company Quote Excess Amount Insured Perhaps one of the mods can pin this. I'll start with: Moris Insurance http://www.moris.co.uk/ Quote: £135 Excess: £1300 Amount: £16000 No whoring thanks! :wink:
  11. G

My first mod woohoo!!!

Well I went for some Spoon progressives in the end. Got all the work done at Steve Hill Motor sport near Aylesbury - so just up the road for me. Took it in this morning, work was done by lunchtime. Car looks 8). Turn in is much quicker - more like the DC2 now, the ride feels pretty similar to...
  12. G

Pedal extensions

Anyone use these for making H&T easier. What do you use and where did you get it from? Do the mugen pedals do this job or am I looking for something different?
  13. G

Hullavington Track vids - 6 minutes of pleasure

It's 55Mb http://s35.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=10GG ... L91OB9T6VL
  14. G

Eibach springs

Well after tracking my DC5 for the first time, I've realised the stock springs are rubbish and am need of something stiffer. Having been a passenger in Duncs and Wootty's DC5 with Spoon springs, I have to say I like to handling of them. But, what I'd like to know is how the Eibachs compare...
  15. G

Arse!!!

Just had my car in for MOT and it blimmin' well failed. They wouldn't pass it because the rear-fog light (connected into the main back lights) is white. Grrr. Anyone know what the rules are on this?
  16. G

Which camcorder?

Ok, so what camcorders to people use for trackdays (windscreen mounted)? I've given a friends Hi-8 camcorder a try, but it doesn't like bumps and vibrations too much. It also doesn't pick up the engine sound too well. Suggestions anyone?
  17. G

Tyre fitting costs

How much do you guys pay for having tyres fitted. I got my tyres from mytyres.com, but have had what seem like silly quotes for fitting and balancing. Eg: ATS £24.99 fitting + £24.99 balancing. F1 autocentres were over 50 quid.
  18. G

Clifford G5 problems

Can anyone who has this alarm fitted help me out. Today I backed the car out the garage and then armed the alarm. The alarm then triggered and now refuses to respond to the fob in any way. Even entering the pin doesn't do anything and it just keeps retriggering. There's also a ticking noise...
  19. G

Quote of the year

Well decided to take a friend for a spin in me new DC5 today. His 8 year old son wanted to come along as well, so we fit the kiddies seat in the back and go for a bit of a B road burn. Then there's this small voice from the back: " 'cor it's like being in Thunderbird 1 but on the ground."...
  20. G

Undersealing

Quick question, probably sounds stupid but, how can I tell if a DC5 has been undersealed? I'm going to see one today and the dealer doesn't seem to know (it's a honda dealer!) Thanks Anton