Search results

1. turbo5

Replacement Cat on Mugen exhaust manifold

I thought I would share this for people with similar problems in the future. My facelift DC5 failed it's MOT on Friday on emissions , The car is modified with a Kpro, different inlet manifold and also running the mugen race header and race cat. It had passed the MOT on emissions every year...
  2. turbo5

MOT fail

Took the car for its MOT today and they called to say it had failed on the front flexi hose as it was leaking. I had Goodridge stainless steel brake lines fitted about 5 years ago . The mechanic (Honda main dealer) said it was the front drivers side rubber flexi hose that had failed that...
  3. turbo5

ABS light on

My ABS light was coming on and off. If I stopped the car and restarted it would sometimes switch off. however this week it's on and wont go off. Any ideas what it could be before I take it to the garage ?
  4. turbo5

Nearly 10 years old and passes MOT

I have owned my Facelift DC5 Dec 2004 since August 2005 and I am proud to say it passed it's MOT without any advisories this week. It's my daily drive so its not a garage queen, A lot of modern cars are approaching the scrap yard at 10 years of age. Considering I paid £18K for it, the...
  5. turbo5

Sky wouldn't insure me

I got my usually renewal figure from A plan (which was the same as last year) and thought I would ring around for a better deal, afterall every year the car goes down in value. I am lets say a fossil in my 40's with a clean license, professonal occupation and 10 year no claims. Car parked on...
  6. turbo5

Sometimes does the car embarrass you ?

I represented the company (big civil aerospace company) I work for today at a Military Show as a VIP. (Black tie etc) the event (Preston Miltary Show) was open to the general public. I turned up at the Barracks and was directed to the VIP parking area, as I approached I realised I couldn't...
  7. turbo5

Cold spell and wash wipe

Its nice that I have my wash wipe back today, its been frozen all week. I wouldn't mind it was serviced at Honda last week and I paid extra for the winter upgrade, aircon etc. It wasn't the jets that were frozen but the whole bottle. The plastic stick on the filler cap was frozen in the bottle...
  8. turbo5

Generic snow tyres thread

After struggling to get on the main roads from my house this morning I thought the time was right to put my spare set of alloys and Bridgestone Blizard snow tyres into use. Highly recommended in weather like this. \:D/
  9. turbo5

Annoying rattle

I have looked through the search function a few times and have a few ideas but I haven't still have found out where its coming from. Its gradually got worse, it was only present when I used to lift off the accelerator but its nearly constant now unless I am accelerating hard. I have checked...
  10. turbo5

Winter tyres

After the recent bout of snow then the icy mess it leaves on the road, I thought I wasn't going to get caught out again. The gritters only concentrate on the main roads, bus routes and councilors avenues. I live in the middle of an estate at the bottom of a big hill. I have never bothered with...
  11. turbo5

Spoon progressive springs

I have recently bought a set of spoon progressive springs for my facelift DC5 (the correct ones) I now need them fitting, I had a fast road set up about 2 years ago when I got the car and they changed one camber bolt for adjustment. I suppose I will need an additional camber bolt and a set of...
  12. turbo5

Spotted FLO

Look at the last picture http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/4x-Honda-Integra- ... dZViewItem
  13. turbo5

Spotted the most hideous DC5 today

I took my car to racetech to have my fog light fitted in the reversing light and spotted a CW DC5 with hideous Chinese graphics and a BTCC bodykit. it also had some massive chrome wheels and some hideous leather interior in beige even on the steering wheel, the interior has seen better days...
  14. turbo5

Paint code NH0

Is the DC5 CW paint code NH0 the same as the NH0 paint code on the DC2 ? I have someone coming around tomorrow morning for stone chip touch ups and a little scratch on the back bumper. He checked in his book on the paints codes which he has the ability to mix and the NH0 code was for the DC2.
  15. turbo5

Wiring rear fog light in reverse lamp

I have done a few searches and can't find the diagram, I have the switch wired and the wire going to the back of the car, what I am after is instead of disconnecting one of the reversing lights, I want to wire the fog light into the reversing light so it can be used as both. I know you need...
  16. turbo5

Coilover options for the Facelift what options

The trouble with the facelift is that quite a few mods are not exactly the same as the pre-facelift. The gruppem is different, but I have that now. The Kpro is different, well the ecu is different. I have this now. (think its a first) Cat back zorst is the same which I have fast road set up is...
  17. turbo5

Spoon magnetic sump plugs

I recently purchased a twin pack, one for the engine and one for the gearbox. at my last oil change I didn't know which one fit onto the engine sump. is it the long one or the short one.
  18. turbo5

Exhaust Problems before the Euro Tour

I set off on the Euro tour in 1 week's time and I have developed a slight noise on the exhaust. It is very intermittent. The last thing I want is my exhaust failing whilst stuck up some mountain in Switzerland. Anyhow, being the paranoid person I am, I started panicking and tried to source an...
  19. turbo5

slight noise

I have noticed a slight noise occasionally about every 3 -4 minutes. it sounds like tyre noise when you go through a puddle on a damp road or water being splashed on the exhaust. it only lasts for a second and is hardly noticeable, I am going on the Euro tour in 1.5 weeks time doing about 3.5k...
  20. turbo5

Facelift DC5's can be Kpro'd

Just got back from TDI, System R. I had the US Kpro has a loaner whilst my ECU was sent away for modifying. This afternoon he swapped it over for my modified original. I don't know why but it feels a lot better with the original than the loaner US kpro. if anyone buys a US kpro note the green...