Search results

1. gregb

collecting car next wed

Hi to any oldies like myself still lurking around the forum,just popping in and reliving my old Dc5 days ,so many good memories and long before FB and Instagram and all the other inventions that changed so much and we just had the old forums and turtle powered dial up internet and digital...
  2. gregb

Oh deary me

Oh good God i had to rinse my eyes out,car Graffiti :xconfused:
  3. gregb

2011 Car Tax Rise...

True that,it's criminal here and i only ever get 3 months at a time. Trading the 2ltr CRV for a 1.3 Terios :-& this weekend,just can't justify 4ltrs of Honda CC on the road all week anymore with the overheads.
  4. gregb

Coilovers Clunking

I wasn't aware they were new,they should settle after a while on the car as said it can be a common problem when fitted first. Or as MeisteR said and added some good tips there,mine drove me nuts in fairness :xrealangry: .
  5. gregb

Coilovers Clunking

See if you can spot any marks on the chrome part,they could need to be resealed and rechromed. Happened the HKS Hypermax i had on my last teg,they drove me nuts when slow speed cornering and parking :xrealangry: . Is it just one side?
  6. gregb

Hello

Hi and welcome,love the R33 GTR and for me previously i had tried to go from the DC5 to one but it never happened,not yet anyway :wink: . Enjoy,it looks minto!
  7. gregb

possibly stripping the teg

You could nearly buy a a whole 5 with your first estimates over here at present,granted it would be an 01 and seriously sloppy seconds :-& . Buy it back and transplant the best of it into a project car,at least your old will live on B) .
  8. gregb

Radio still on after taken keys out

Same thing happened mine with a Pioneer headunit when i got the car first and put it in myself all sockets and plugs matched so no hassle there just around a week later i got in the car and before i got the keys into the ignition i noticed the radio was on. Only happened the once but ever since...
  9. gregb

Hi Jay,may be considering a bonnet swap and cash my way,how much would you be willing to pay...

Hi Jay,may be considering a bonnet swap and cash my way,how much would you be willing to pay with your oem one? Just dicing with the idea,i had one person interested but wanted the original one back on. Still not sure,just seeing if it is worth it,;) Greg
  10. gregb

Static shocks

I don't mind getting them from the teg but i get them from shopping trolleys all year round :evil: ,worse than the cars and even through my runners on to my big toe :shock:.
  11. gregb

BuddyClub CF Bonnet

The Varis which is a direct replacement is 6.4KG as opposed to the OEM which is 13KG,BuddyClub i would estimate the same as the Varis if not less vent included.
  12. gregb

Newbie from Germany

Hi and welcome,i like the colour of your car,it's a first for me.
  13. gregb

Anybody know this dc5? Looks a bit rough

I don't know where the ROUGH idea is coming from,looks fine overall but the bonnet is lying a bit more forward over the headlight in the second pic but that could just be from an off fitment after a replacement? Wheels need a good clean but hey whose don't :wink: .
  14. gregb

Sticky front plate

Any Irish members know of somewhere that could do a sticky for the front? Had a who fellow did all kinds of them in Meath a few years back but fruck that with the fuel cost these days :shock: . I presume most signage shops would do them without consenting to :-k . Doesn't look so good with the...
  15. gregb

Autoglass windscreen replacement - part numbers

Likely at least one side will be damaged,just get them to replace it if it happens and make sure the plastic trim is not just glued back down out of sight, =;,there are plenty of chancers out there.
  16. gregb

shock at the cheapness of 01 dc5's

They are alright,there is just too many on the market and they are a very hard car to insure for the people who really want them. I put mine up for sale yesterday at E8.950,it's a >little< optimistic but it has some aesthetics going for it :D I went for an 03 myself last year and if i was in...
  17. gregb

Help needed - 07 Silver facelift red interior in Ireland

So the person has just bought it? What do you need help for then? No comprendez :-k Had been up for sale a long time,rare car though and very nice,i have yet to see a facelift over on these shores,good luck to the new owner 8) .
  18. gregb

Ireland - Quinn Direct - 02 DC5

Is that her own policy ie no named drivers?
  19. gregb

newera parts - shocking service

Made my night with those GTR pics, 8) .
  20. gregb

Oil Filter recommendations

I picked up a HAMP Filter off http://www.32tuning.com for E10 a few months back,i also got Motul 300V off him,highly recommended.