Search results

1. W

Howards Nissan Weston Super Mare

So having sold the red tegg to the lad from Norniron i bought the Nissan Navara (see Gallery). I bought it from Howards Nissan in Weston Super Mare. Sales rep was OK but I'd been walking round the place for 30 mins and had walked out and back in again before someone bothered to say can I help...
  2. W

I want to Supercharge my DC5, advice needed please

I agree with you there Andy. The only issues I ever had with mine was the Jackson adaptor parts themselves, the charger and effects on the cars internals were never a problem. Running the low bost pulley at ~6psi (according to Guy whilst tuning) I never had engine issues in the 2 years of having...
  3. W

Help needed a.s.a.p!!!

If that doesn't do it you have to strip and clean the Idle valve... Not a hard job and there is a tread on here somewhere...
  4. W

4000rpm - metalic buzzing noise?

Used to be loads of threads on here about that. Its your heast shield around the mani at the bottom. The washers compress over time and come loose. Best to just take them off and be done with them. Drove me mad for the first 3 months till I sorted it :D
  5. W

Hello Forum!

Nice one - and welcome... :D
  6. W

Off to SPA...

So is that in the DC2 or is the 5 finally coming out from the cocoon :D
  7. W

Fitting Throttle body

Not really, when they realise as its in bits on the driveway :oops: . Call into any Stealership and get one form the parts dept - you might have to order one. 8)
  8. W

CTR gone possibly looking at a DC5 as replacement, advice...

Look in the for sale section matey - save yourself £13k and go on holiday with the change :lol:
  9. W

JRSC and Gruppe M

You should be able to - though during dyno runs it might be hard to re-produce the Ram air effect from the Gruppe M. The JRSC mates with the standard Throttle body, then your intake mates the other side of that as per normal.
  10. W

The DC5 hunt begins...

Why get Accord Blue when you can have Milano Red.... xthumbup
  11. W

I got a speeding ticket in the post today...

If its yor first SP30 and at that speed you might get offered the £60 + the naughty boy course. My mate had that and they lecture you for a few hours about speed. You dont get the points too. He said the course was interesting but they did not want to discuss the siting of cameras in so...
  12. W

Toda mani, weird noise

Mines now my throttle pedal. On the overrun as you take your foot off the pedal I get a buzz at about 4k from the throttle pedal. Just resting my foot on it lightly cures it. A bit annoying but once understood is not a worry. One of the drawbacks of the ES mounts I think.
  13. W

Hard Wiring a Snooper / Road angel

Easy job. Just dont forget the fuse. You can run the wire up through the dash and out of a small gap on the right hand side just where the pillar meets the dash board. Then tuck it in along the windscreen bottom round to where you need it poking out.
  14. W

Alternator

All Sorted... The new Ali spacer blocks from Moss Motors were not making a good earth from the Alternator to the engine block :D Took it to a local Auto Electricians in Patchway and they diagnosed it for me. With a jump lead from the alternator body back to the -ve battery terminal it was...
  15. W

RareRims.. Rota P1's

I ran that profile 215x35x18 for about a year and to be honest mate its a bit short of rubber. even with the arches down there is stll a bit of a gap round that low a profile tyre. Mind you I did it for the ride as I like it stiff - yeah baby!! But in the end you buy what you like so good on...
  16. W

Alternator

Just read your PM Si - and tried to call you back - guess I missed you before you got to the airport. Give me a ring when you get back - I'm sure we can work something out :wink: If i dont have it sorted by then!
  17. W

Alternator

Well the old battery did - but then it would do that if the alternator was duff too as the battery would discharge as it was suplying the car and not being charged up by the alternator. As I say, new battery is lasting 3 days now with no signs of dying so it might be getting something.
  18. W

Alternator

Might be needing a new one :cry: Anyone with a DVM out there measure your voltage at the fusebox so I can be sure - mines reading 12.1V and it should be 13+ at least. Probably the reason why my battery was dead the other day - but the new one has lasted 3 days now so I think it must be...
  19. W

IDLE problem after car not driven for 2 weeks.

I had this - there is a thread on here somewhere giving the same advice to remove and clean. Going for a run didn't unstick mine. Its not a big job - just make sure you get a new gasket from the throttle body to the intake as its usually stuck on half and half and tears when you take it off.