Search results

1. A

Fitting Rear Roof mounted washer jet...

got the full set of colour coded ones now, fitting the bonnet pair was a 5 min job, however the roof one for the rear looks much harder. It appears to me that its going to be a headlining off job, has anyone done this and can give me a little guide on how the lining actually comes off, i dont...
  2. A

What offset?

I have found a set of wheels that i like quite a lot, and they come in a couple of sizes and offsets, can you please let me know which is the best bet for a DC5? 7x17 ---> ET35,43 and 50 8x17 ---> ET33 and 43 I was wondering if the ET50 ones would be ok, maybe with small spacers, or would...
  3. A

DC5 wheels sizes

What is the ideal fitment for replacement DC5 wheels? If i was looking at a 17x7.5" wheel, 5x114.3 PCD, what offset is needed? I want to be sure the wheels will clear the calipers, but not foul on the archs! Adrian
  4. A

Changing wheels..

Im after a bit of advice reguarding changing my wheels. Recently got told by TGM that one of my OEM alloys is fairly buckled and could do with replacing, im thinking now could be a golden time to get a different set of wheels... Basically my options are 1) Find a second hand white OEM wheel to...
  5. A

Test Drove FD2 JDM CTR today...

It was a fantastic car guys, better than my teg in all respects id say. You dont notice the small amount of extra weight, the dash layout is very intuitive, the list goes on... Had to say straight off, the suspension std is v. stiff, bumpy but the levels of grip the car provides are leaps and...
  6. A

Tanabe Racing Medallion / Ultra Medallion...

Has anyone got / seen / heard one of these? I am totally stuffed as far as getting a buddy club it seems and this looks like a reasonable other choice, but i know nothnig about them other than they have a reputation for being good quality. Heres a pic of the Racing Medallion Any thoughts?
  7. A

Facelift Colour coded Washer jets.....

I know that facelift tegs have the washer jets front/rear colour coded, and i really like them. Does anyone know if they fit prefacelift (id assume they do they look identical) and a part number for them??? I asked at my local honda dealer and they couldnt find them without a chassis number...
  8. A

Do DC5 front upper strut bars fit EP3?

Im selling my spoon front upper strut and wonder if anyone knows if it will fit on an EP3 civic, im guessing so but id like to be sure!
  9. A

Buddy Club Exhausts, Spec 3 or Pro Spec?

I met matt tonight, nice to meet you mate. He has the BC spec 3 exhaust and i must say that i loved it, but it was loud to have as a daily driver exhaust, noticably louder than my spoon N1. Also after comparing side by side i dont think the BC sits any lower than the spoon. So my question is ...
  10. A

Spoon N1 system vs BC Spec 3...

How do these 2 systems compare? Both are meant to be light, not sure on the exact weights, and both are said to be fairly loud. Has anyone heard/ seen/ owned both and could do a little comparison for me, or anyone know anything about the specs (weight etc..) of them both? Also, which of the 2...
  11. A

Coilover damping adjustment advice...

After my driver limits day, and some time spent with Tom from TGm in the car, wee came to the conclusion that the back end seemed to be set up too softly and that was part of my light back end handling woes! I have now had a look at the suspension settings, and basically all 4 struts were set...
  12. A

HOT North Weald Activity Day - 13th April whos going?

I just got a last minute spot sorted, all paid for, (Thanks Steve!) is anyone else on here going along? Hoping so be nice to meet a few fellow owners. Be my first 'track style' outing in the teg so ill be taking it all carefully and hope i can learn some useful tips from the day.
  13. A

18's what tyres??

What tyre size is ideal for DC5 when 18's are fitted, i know that 215/40/18 is closest match on rolling circumference, but not many tyres are made in that size. Other options are : 215/35 -- too small but common 225/40 -- slightly too big, and im worried about RUBBING on this size. So really...
  14. A

Does spoon 2-1 cause strange noise?

I am thinking about swapping the std manifold to a spoon 2-1 section with decat straight after my MOT is done, but have heard people saying that with the spoon manifold fitted it creates a strange ticking noise? I wondered if this was only with the full manifold or will it do it with just the...
  15. A

Tyres again guys!

My 2 front tyres are nearly finished, the car curreently has Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3's all round. I have not been overly impressed with them really and am considering some different ones to replace the 2 worn ones. Will it be ok to have different tyres front rear or am i better off sticking with...
  16. A

Cleaning mats etc...

After my many trips to TGM and other muddy places in the last couple of weeks, my floor mats are looking rather brown not red. Anyone got any good tips on products or techniques to get them back red again! Many thanks
  17. A

spoon 2-1 section....

I am thinking about getting one of these as a decat, to go with my spoon N1 exhaust system. What difference if any will changing it make, in respect to noise, power, will it make the car run lean etc...?? Adrian
  18. A

Speedo Problem... HELP!!

Noticed today when driving that the speedo randomly displays a speed between 0-80 mph and varies madly within that range, so i am unable to tell how fast i am going.... The milage also changes at a different rate depending on where the needle is so thats affected too. The rev counter however is...
  19. A

Parked next to a DC2 the other day....

What do people think of the 2 types, were parked in naff spaces so no chance to get good pics but shows the differences between older and newer. I was thinking about getting a DC2 before the DC5, but now having owned the DC5 i just cant get on with the looks (especially of the back) of...
  20. A

Brakes feel a bit....

Well spongy i suppose is a good word. They dont feel as tho they want to bite if you can tell what i mean, i have to push pretty damn hard before much happens and even then it feels as tho the brakes are not really wanting to stop the car lol. My old car felt a lot more responsive to pedal...