Search results

1. N

Advice req...Ebay buyer & Trade options

Hi folks.... Just need a bit of input from some of the wise and experienced car junkies on this forum!!! I have my car listed on Ebay (the cringes start already!) and have plenty of experience in ebay selling and buying. I also have loads of experience in noticing scam emails etc...but this...
  2. N

Insurance screw job???

Ok...time for renewel. I get that the premiums have gone up a bit and accept that. Mine is up by around £60 with APlan, and I have called the usual Sky, Adrian Flux etc and they aint goin to beat it. Where I see a screw job though is that in a month or two I will definately have sold my DC5, I...
  3. N

Drivers door lock totally stiff!!

Hi there peeps. Got an issue which I have had for some time but finally had a chance to have a look on Saturday...of course, I didn't fix it!!! My drivers lock is rock hard stiff...wont turn at all when the key is put in. On saturday I took me door card off and unclipped the lock from the...
  4. N

2009/10 insurance...

That time of year again! I did this kinda post last year...I find them great to see how quotes differ...and hopefully a great help to those who wonder who to try, or if it is worth phoning around (!). Last year I did all the usual suspects, but one which never gets a mention on this board came...
  5. N

Black Smoke...

Just a quickie.... Got told by a buddy who was driving behind me that I have puffs of black smoke coming out of the 'zorst under acceleration. I know it hasn't turned into a diesel overnight, so what do you peep's think? It was only serviced a few weeks ago @ TDi North, so it can't be a...
  6. N

Newty's 2008/9 quotes...

Hey peeps... I know a lot of people try to get an idea of different insurers of quotes, so I am starting this thread to to give you an idea of the differences...I will keep it up to date as I progress with quotes, and hopefully it will be useful...if not, then delete the damn thing...!!! I am...
  7. N

MOT: CO2 @ 6.152(max. 0.300)...yikes!!!

Oh my 'gulp'.... :shock: Took the lady in for an MOT today and it didn't just fail its CO2...it got slaughtered!!! First Fast Idle... Max Limit CO % Vol=0.300, mine was 6.152! Max HC ppm Vol=200, mine was 413! Lambda alloed range 0.970-1.030, mine was 0.834! And it got worse on the second...
  8. N

Servicing in or near Cumbria?

I know there are not a lot of Cumbrians on here. Just wondering if anyone can recommend a place near by to get my 'teg serviced? I have a good local garage, one of the blokes there has an accord type-r, may go there for the 'intermmediate' services, but would it be generally recommended to go...
  9. N

Confirmation of Membership?

Hi, My insurers want a confirmation of my membership on this site? I ahve pm'd who I believe to be Admin, but got no response a couple of weeks ago. How can I get this proof? They are going to scrub my policy from next week? Thanks.
  10. N

Spare wheel well full of water?!

Hi there, Was just sorting the amp on the DC5 and realised when I got in the back that the rear seats are very wet, especially the centre section. So, after checking all around the back windows, seals, roof etc and seeing no sign of a leak, I jumped to the boot, lifted the carpet and there she...
  11. N

Any experience of a motorised screen HU?

Hi there.... I am pondering getting a single DIN HU with a motorised screen. Wanting to fit the HU in the bottom half of the Double DIN gap, while putting a single DIN in the top half. I notice the 'lean' on the dash and am wondering, combined with the lean-back of a motorised screen, if it...
  12. N

Got me DC5....

Ohhhh, wanted one for years! Now after working hard, and being promoted to 'Resort Manager', I have finally got one! Great stuff. Awesome car. Love the sound and feel. Just got to get used to it. I'm only 5'6", so my short ar$e ways are a barrier just now!!! Also need to go the gym, build up me...
  13. N

New to the DC5...My premium...!

Hello all. I got myself a DC5 on Sunday, just changed my insurance today... I use Adrian Flux, and as I was 4months into my 'insurance year', I stuck with them for a quote. Got a 10% discount by saying I was a member on here (thanks guys!), so the quote for a year would be £1120.50...or...
  14. N

Another New Lad

Just to say 'Hello'. Just waiting on my teg to come. I am getting the one that used to be owned by 'Kevie' on this forum. Got a few bits done, all of which I like. Don't think it goes down too well with the traditionilist on here! If nayone knows anything I should be alarmed of on this car...