Search results

1. brucey87

Tegiwa sump baffle kit.....

Need to get a baffled sump fitted for some tracktime i have comming up in a few months. thought it would be a wise move as il be using semi slicks and will be quicker through the bends. On a bit of a budget so was looking at the tegiwa sump baffle. anybody using this and can reccomend it? am i...
  2. brucey87

Rear caliper rebuild kit

It was picked up on my MOT that my nearside rear brake effort was weak so was going to get a mate to strip it and rebuild it. anyone used this kit before and can reccomend it...
  3. brucey87

F1 Racing clutch any good?

My clutch is starting to give up so looking around to see whats about. The F1 racing clutch's seem to have mostly good reviews on clubrsx http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=518811 but not so good reviews on the turbo cars like scoobys, skylines etc. Not sure if its a coinsidence, but...
  4. brucey87

Anybody used a vax on recaro's?

Thinking about giving my interior a good detail this weekend and vaxing carpets and seats. My mrs used the vax to clean her seats in her ford puma and they came out like new! Not sure if i would end up dying the material on my recaro's as they are different material from the puma seats. Has...
  5. brucey87

Tegiwa/Gruppe M rain water question

Has anybody heard of or had an issue of hydrolock or a wet filter with a Tegiwa/Gruppe M induction kit? I know there is a drain hole at the bottom of the airbox, but what if there is still some rain water left holding in the airbox that doesn't drain? Was thinking it could condensate when engine...
  6. brucey87

Gear knob has twisted round too far

Dont know how this has happened but its annoying as hell!!! Anyone know a way of fixing it back the right way? It wont turn to do up anymore and its too loose to have it the right way up. (and yes i know my interior could do with a clean)
  7. brucey87

Anyone using in car DAB radios?

Thinking about getting one of these and running it through my AUX port on my stereo as my radio is useless. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DAB-12v-Car-Digital-Radio-Adaptor-iPod-Connection-/170670709271?pt=UK_Audio_TV_Electronics_In_Car_Entertainment_GPS_In_Car_Audio_Players_PP&hash=item27bcc45a17...
  8. brucey87

Spoon ECU problem

Just purchased a Spoon PRC ECU 2nd hand. Just fitted it but starter motor just turns over and engine wont start, but starts with original ECU. Is there a way to bypass the immobiliser? I think this Spoon ecu could be for a facelift dc5 or something. on the ECU somebody has wrote DC5 07
  9. brucey87

Views on HKS F-CON ECU

I was browsing ebay and found this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/hks-f-con-sa-racing-ecu-honda-integra-dc5-k20a-type-r-/250821363343?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a661e468f I tried a trusted google search but couldnt find much info. Am i right in thinking this ecu is programable? if...
  10. brucey87

Strange issue with headlights

This all happened after my overheating problem whilst waiting to park up on the stand at japfest. My passenger side HID dipped beam doesnt work, but instead my full beam lights come on on both sides but not as bright. When i put the full beam on, the passenger side light (both dipped and full...
  11. brucey87

rc 550cc injectors fitment?

Done a search both on google and on here but couldnt find the answer. My mate has offered me rc 550cc injectors that came from a h22 prelude but not sure if they would fit a k20? Anyone know if they would fit? Or would there not be any point. I have a blitz intake, 70mm tb, rbc, maximworks...
  12. brucey87

HELP: What paint to use?

I have a friend who is going to respray my bumper and skirts for me. So i went to order 1 litre of c/w today but i had a choice between 2 types, 2pack which has lacquer mixed already and another type which you lacquer seperatley. All i need to know is what type of paint the dc5 has out of the...
  13. brucey87

my exhaust manifold is acting weird!

a few weeks ago i noticed a blowing noise comming from around the exhaust mani. I left it for a bit because it was due for a mot really soon so i thought i could get it looked at just before that. so it went on the ramp at kwik fit today and had it looked at but there was no blowing noise...
  14. brucey87

does my track rod end look right?

iv been getting a clunking noise sometimes when i turn to park or pull off iv only had this problem since iv lowered it. does this track rod end look right? its leaning forward, is it supposed to be flat. if somebody could upload a pic of thier track rod end with oem suspension it would be much...
  15. brucey87

help with my service bits please

my cars booked in at honda for a service on tuesday and im supplying the oils myself. i just wanted to check with you lot if iv got the right stuff and if iv got the right amount before i hand it over. iv tryed to get the best stuff possible. engine oil - 5L silkolene pro s 5w-40 brake fluid -...
  16. brucey87

anybody got these coil packs?

as title really. i was just browsing through ebay and came across these coil packs and was interested in them until i saw the price!! :shock: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TM-WORK-IGNITION- ... 1|294%3A50 does that price justify the performance gain? has anybody got a set?
  17. brucey87

are energy mount inserts important?

i got my spoon mani fitted today BUT even though i told the fitters that the inserts had to be fitted else the mani would crack they didnt fit them. they said they tryed but something needed to be pressed in or something? :? just wondering if the mount inserts are a must! i dont fancy...
  18. brucey87

which way do the slots go?

just need to know which way the slots go on dixcel slotted front discs? is it slots leaning forward \ or leaning back / ? if anyone has a pic with them fitted il love them forever!! :D cant see left or right marked on the discs.
  19. brucey87

HELP! think i need a new crank sensor or just the plug?

what a day! driving along today in v-tec (as you do). when i heard something clunking about in the engine bay then go under my car. engine management light, abs light and battery light came on then it died! i crapped my pants and thought my bottem end had jumped out onto the road! but luckily it...
  20. brucey87

power steering fluid??

as title really just need to know if there is a particular power steering fluid for a dc5?