Search results

1. J

Unit 8 - Another thumbs up...

Picked my car up yesterday after having my Cusco plated diff taken out and replaced with a Wavetrac, Mr. Alex engine mounts back to standard, 50K service and an MOT. Car is running perfectly :) I can now drive round town and pull out of junctions smoothly and my ears are no longer bleeding when...
  2. J

Cusco Diff to Standard

When I purchased my DC5 it came with a Cusco 1.5 plated diff. As much as I love the diff when I'm on a decent country lane, the noise it makes and how the car seems to passengers when driving around town which, I'm doing more and more of these days, is making me think of trading it in for a...
  3. J

Double Din Surround...

I've had my Pioneeer FH-P80BT HU fitted for a couple of months now and I'm finally getting around to sorting out the surround to get rid of the huge gap at the sides of the unit. I've done a search and it looks like I have to buy ones of these... is that the only way to get this done? It seems a...
  4. J

Another recommendation for Unit 8

I've taken my car to Unit 8 twice now. The first visit was to have a Geo setup done after I'd had the AST coilovers serviced and whilst it was there I'd also asked Mark to try and figure out why the brakes were squealing. The car had already been to TDi North 3 times, who had fitted new pads all...
  5. J

Think I've bought the wrong Oil...

Had the car services at TDi North last month and need to buy some oil to top my car up every now and then. I called TDi and they told me they use Miller's 5w-40 so I went to the Millers website and purchased a 5l bottle. It's arrived today and looking at the bottle I've got a horrible feeling...
  6. J

ASTs need servicing??

Hi, I've got AST's fitted and when I last took it to TDi North they said the front coilovers need servicing as there's a lot of play in them. The handling is really suffering now so I need it done ASAP. Has anyone had ASTs serviced before and can give me the details on how to get it done &...
  7. J

Failed MOT - Rear Fog light colour :(

Just failed my MOT because the rear fog light isn't the proper shade of red.... It's coming through the right reverse light and has a red bulb fitted but as it's coming through a clear cluster it looks pink. Is there an easy way around this? Cheers
  8. J

RE040 -> RE070?

I'm in need of two new front tyres before I put my car in for it's MOT next week. I'm currently running Bridgestone Potenza RE040's but after seeing quite a few good reviews on the RE070's I'm thinking of upgrading but have a few questions first and was hoping you lot could help :D How much...
  9. J

Recommended Honda garage for service & MOT - Manchester

As per the subject, I need to get my car MOT'd and serviced in the next week or two. Can someone recommend me a garage in Manchester or Stockport that will do a good job? There's a Honda garage down the A6 in Stockport but my mate with his S2000 has heard bad reviews
  10. J

Parcel shelf has arrive.....

But why does it included the gas struts, surely all DC5s already have them fitted :?
  11. J

Just had the Gruppe M fitted and it sounds horrible....

.....As soon as the V-Tech kicks in there's a really loud noise, it sounds like a very high piched neumatic drill. I had to have my strut brace removed due to it's weird shape so unfortunaley it couldn't be secured to that... has anyone else experienced this and has a quick and easy fix? :cry...
  12. J

Scuttle mod question....

My Gruppe M should be arriving on the 6th and my car is booked in at TDi north on the 7th to have it and a Mugen twin loop fitted. After hearing about the rattles and seeing the shody shiney plastic on the Gruppe M scuttle I want to mod the OEM one. Can I mod my scuttle before the Gruppe M...
  13. J

Guide for fitting a Sub??

I've had a quick search and can't find anything... is there a guide available for this that explains the best way to wire it all up? If not can anyone recommend somewhere for car audio installs in Manchester/Stockport.... I already have the Sub and most places only seem to fit their own stuff...
  14. J

Fitting new side repeaters....

As above, what tool does everyone recommend I use for unclipping the old ones... obvsiouly I don't want to scrath the paintwork and it seems a bit of a tight fit to reach the clip. Cheers, Charlie
  15. J

Side repeaters and Stickers...

Where's the best place to get some clear side repeaters from? I've seen a post saying Steels Honda for £20 but just wanted to confirm... Also the Drivers side sticker has been partially ripped off so needs replacing, is it best to get that from Steels as well? Cheers
  16. J

What exhaust is this?

The previous owner included it with the car.... Cheers
  17. J

Strange knocking noise....

Hi, Not sure if you know the car but I bought Gunn79's off here about 4 weeks ago. There seems to be a strange knocking noise that comes from the right handside of the engine bay, it's only possible to hear it when moving at slow speed and the car hits the slightest bump. The noise seems...
  18. J

Squealing aftermarket pads....

Is there any way to fix them without replacing them all with OEM Brembo ones? I had a similar problem in my VX220 turbo and was advised to remove the pads, clean the edges and grease the edges of the pads to stop it happening again..... not sure if I'm too comfortable putting grease anywhere...
  19. J

iPod Touch and Alpine iDA-X001

Has anyone got these working together? It just comes up with Unsupported on the HU whenever I connect my Touch, I've just tried upgrading to the latest firmware for the iPod today but still no joy. I'm connecting via the USB cable. Cheers
  20. J

Mr Alex Engine mounts....

I've just bought Gunn79's DC5 and need to replace the Mr Alex Engine mounts that are currently fitted as they're causing way too much vibration in the cabin. Can anyone recommend some replacements or should I just go back to standard? If someone's after a set of these and fancies a trade that...