Search results

1. S

Illegal to have no CAT?

Right I see, thanks for clearing that up....good result for you after a bit of tinkering then
  2. S

Illegal to have no CAT?

Excuse my ignorance C&S, are you saying if your car doesn't have a CAT it would still pass the MOT emissions test etc ,and its just the fact that you don't have one there that it would fail, hence the OEM heatshield looking like you have one? I was always under the impression that it would fail...
  3. S

New Logo

Could swear the blue Teg has been treated to some of Porthos's cleaning products too..it looks cleaner, shinier and better defined...he's even had a go at the headlights.. O:) Nice one
  4. S

Nurburgring 2011

Cool man, Harv off here will be there as well, along with an S2000 :) We get there on Saturday morning :D Look out for us :green Crikey, you lot wont be hard to spot :) kinda like that S2K, bet your looking forward to the convoy over as well, will be looking 8) Back to the original...
  5. S

Had my car on the rollers today...

Interesting figures, reason I asked was to see what the like for like difference was between K20/A on the same day and dyno (dont think anyone could argue with that!) so power outputs are irrelevant whether there right or wrong.The FN2s seem quite healthy tho and not 'that' far away BHP wise...
  6. S

Had my car on the rollers today...

Out of interest what was the average CTR making, in std and modified form
  7. S

Crazy idea?

OMG are you serious, that looks terrible, how to ruin a beautiful car, its a no from me then
  8. S

Advice please...

My girlfriend is very excited as I think she is convinced I am going to buy it (got lucky, I finally picked a girl who likes cars!!!) Ha Ha We'll see what shes got to say when she keeps banging the back of her head on the plastic insert at the top of the recaro seat,and then realises theres no...
  9. S

shock at the cheapness of 01 dc5's

That 3rd one looks ok for 5k, reckon you could get a good years worth of depreciation free motoring before they drop to that sort of price level over here. Anyone know whats involved in getting it onto UK plates from over there...would it need the full SVA treatment etc?
  10. S

is this to good to be true? 2004 facelift? £9250

Dont see it as too good to be true really,id say its no more than realistic for a 7 year old teg with that mileage, the fact is facelifts are not 'that' desireable,think the amount not selling on here and pistonheads etc kind of backs this up, id say a late 04/54 pre would sell far easier than...
  11. S

Trade in value of the DC5

I'd agree with that, sell it private and you will be around 2.5k better off for your troubles. I dont think you will have any problems selling with the mileage,condition, gruppe m etc for between 8-9k, so why let the dealer pocket the extra cash, then you can get a discount for the car your...
  12. S

What alternatives to a DC5 would you buy

Seriously wondering about whether to go down this sort of route as well Mike can imagine these things are a hell of a lot of fun?, was thinking about getting a Westfield Megabusa, or cossie equipped one as they may be better for road use rather than the bike engine?,that along with a boring...
  13. S

Head rest things

Re: Think his e-bay name was "dressycar" if I remember right
  14. S

tdi north or unit 8

Don't think you will have a problem with either mate, both well respected in these parts and will have done loads of fast road set ups before, guess it will come down to who can offer the best deal and get you in when you want...Great mod too
  15. S

Whats the deal with sky insurance?

I also had exactly the same experience a couple of weeks ago when my insurance renewal came through...was a very frustrating experience, was put through to all sorts of different insurance companies including A-Flux, and kept getting pestered for the rest of the day by call connections....Stayed...
  16. S

Astra VXR

Vauxhall never seem to mind putting a good engines into there motors, anyone remember the Astra GTE then GSis, Corsa GSi etc which were very quick in a straight line in there day, but that seems to be where it ends, they always end up flawed and dissapointing as there never seems to be much...
  17. S

300 POUNDS FOR 12 MONTHS TAX!!!IS THIS RIGHT???

Think probably will do Mike, just could have done without the expense this month. Shame its not like the good old days when you could leave it a few months, then when you daren't go any longer or you get the mother and father on your case, just go to the local PO, tick the box on the form to...
  18. S

300 POUNDS FOR 12 MONTHS TAX!!!IS THIS RIGHT???

Just got my renewal through...£101.75 for 6 months or £185 for 12 months..would really rather just get the 6 months at the moment, but can anyone tell me will tax bands have gone up again by next Feb when it will need renewing again if I only do 6 months...just wondering whether i would be...
  19. S

RECOVERED DC5 CW BLACK ROTA TORQUES

Thats about the best result you could have had, as in its not burnt out, trashed etc, with a bit of luck they will have lifted lots of prints. Great news :)
  20. S

reliabitly of dc2/5

Like you say you need to drive them both... I wouldn't be put off by the age of the DC2, yes it is a little bit dated inside (facia etc) but all the right things are there inside.. Recaros, momo wheel with great steering feel, short shift box with titanium knob, exterior wise it still looks...