Search results

1. B

Colerne Airfield Race Circuit - Saturday 17th April 2010

Anyone interested? 8) I'll be convoying there from London along with 7 other friends Full Circuit - Open Pitlane - 100 db £125.00 http://www.trackdays.co.uk/tracks/colerne_airfield.htm A quick google image search reveals another DC5 member was there at some point :D
  2. B

Anyone at the Nurburgring this Sunday 6th September?

I'll be there for a short while with a few friends and was wondering if any other DC5's will be there?
  3. B

Of all the things to hit on track..!!! >_< (video included)

I was at Bedford Autodrome last month and managed to hit a rabbit on my first lap! :xmad: It was probably a Hare as it was a big f'ker! The timing was impeccable! I was doing just over 100mph at the time too so couldn't have avoided it :xrealangry: Ignore the squeaky brakes as they hadn't...
  4. B

Read Pads - same as EP3 Type-R?

Went to my local dealers last night for some rear pads and they said they didn't have any for the DC5 so I asked for some from a Civic Type-R as I believe these are the same right? He asked what year so I just said 2004? Can anyone confirm these are correct before I rip open the box? I would...
  5. B

EVO Track Evening - 15th May - Bedford

Anyone fancy coming along for this? Only £119 and it was a really good evening when I went last year. https://www.motorsportvision.co.uk/trac ... uctID=4812 Evo mag brought a great selection of cars for pax rides including Harry Metcalfe's Zonda 8) I'll be taking the Teg and going with a...
  6. B

Big Thanks to Unit-8

Just wanted to say a big thanks to Stevie and Mark at Unit-8 for a top job & service last weekend xthumbup They fitted a new clutch kit and the car now feels like new 8) Extremely friendly service and a lot of time and care was spent on the car :xcheers: Cheers, Nick
  7. B

Brake pad wear question...

Is it normal not to have even brake pad wear? I took my pads out last night to clean the brembo's and I noticed the outside of the pad (the edge closer to the outside of the disc) has worn down slightly more than the inside edge. The discs have worn evenly though and I don't having any braking...
  8. B

My DIY Alloy Refurb - Pics

Fitted them today and because I'm so happy with the results I thought I would post a few photos 8) Only done 2 from my spare set that really needed doing. Stages: Sanded smooth Filled any kerbing More sanding Primed (2 layers) Wet & Dry to 1200grit Sprayed using 2-pack high gloss champ white...
  9. B

Bloomin large file!

Think I've just found the largest jpg file on our servers 4.49exabytes! :shock: :lol: Or 4,821,100,789Gb if you dont know what a exabyte is :wink:
  10. B

Bedford EVO Track Evening - 25th April - £119

Myself and a few mates are booked on this: http://www.motorsportvision.co.uk/track ... uctID=3834 EVO Track Evening - £119 Bedford Autodrome Friday 25 April 2008 Would be good to have some more DC5's along 8) A great track if you're a beginner too :D
  11. B

Undecided to RBC or Not To RBC???

Trying to decide if I should go for the RBC manifold or not?? :? Do I really need more than 240bhp at the front wheels?? Is it worth the money?? Help me make my mind up guys :D Cheers, Nick
  12. B

FAN question...

Hi All, Can anyone confirm if both fans should come on? I noticed the other day that only one is on when the car reaches a certain temperature or the AC is on. Is this normal?? Cheers
  13. B

Valve clearances....

I've read that people have them checked during regular services. But when I checked the manual it says they only need to be checked at 110k miles! I planned to get TGM to check them this week whilst I get an alignment done but I'm thinking I should just save my money. Its not like they are...
  14. B

Lowering question about bump stops.....

Fitted my Eibach kit last weekend and left the bump stops as normal but I've read on some forums that you need to cut them? Anyone know if that is necessary? Cheers, Nick
  15. B

FAO DRE Shift light owners.........

Where have you mounted yours?? I'm thinking right hand side of the dash, pushed back near the window/A pillar. The angle works well when you're looking at the road. The cable will also be out of sight and tidy. Cheers, Nick
  16. B

Fitting lowering springs....

OK so I'm going to be fitting my Eibach Pro kit and cambers adjusters this weekend. Has anyone got a guide or any tips for me? I know I can work it out for myself but its always easier to do something if you're pointed in the right direction to start :) I'm sure lots of you have changed the...
  17. B

Nurburg Ring....Should I or shouldn't I?

Is it really worth doing? Its a long way to go and I've heard a few horror stories there. But then it is the famous Ring :) I have 2 friends going on the 27th July and might be joining them now. Any views appreciated. Cheers
  18. B

Brembo's re-lacquered from group buy....

Anyone used their high-temp lacquer yet? I gave them a quick going over on the weekend. I probably could have done a much better job if I had took them off but I'm pleased with the results :) Be warned: after removing the old lacquer the red paint is VERY thin :!: Old lacquer removed: A very...
  19. B

My new FUJITA F5 CAI =)

Hi All, Just arrived today from the US...a Fujita F5 http://www.f5air.com Recommended by the boys over on Club RSX as being as good/better than the Injen CAI 8) The name Fujita F5 comes from the most powerful Tornado! :wink: :lol: I will be fitting it this weekend and then the car is...
  20. B

Fluctuating idle/revs?? Please help....

Hi All, Just been out in the car and I have noticed that the revs seem to be a little unstable whilst at idle?? Sat in traffic and sometimes the revs will climb to about 1300rpm and then drop down to about 600rpm quite eratically?? I've never seen this before and its only just started doing it...