Search results

1. A

vibrating when drive in wet or raining day.

i had it with buddyclub pro spec too, but not with spoon, i think it depends how close the exhaust is to the car bottom
  2. A

Bridgestone Potenza RE070

Thats not true mate, i got the 225/45/17 RE070's for mine from a local tyre place, they had to order them but came next day, under £100 each FITTED so was a fair deal.
  3. A

Some advice on Buddy Club Pro Spec fitment

My pro spec is exactly the same, bangs at the same place and can be very anoying. TGM bent mine slightly and we fitted ESMM's, and it does it a lot less now, but does still bang when it rains and the exhaust goes mental, other than that with normal driving it doesnt hit at all anymore. I think...
  4. A

RE070S, our rims 7" or7.5" ??

I just bought 2 of these for mine, got them for £106 fitted each at a local tyre place, thought the price was reasonable, they are the 'E' marked ones. Thing that worries me is they look hugely wider than the 215 RE050's i have on the other end, the RE070's are on the back and would...
  5. A

Exhaust advice

Pro Spec and Spec 3 are very similar noise level actually, i have a pro spec and those that have heard it would agree its very loud. Buddy clubs do have problems tho, fitment is not great and in the wet it vibrates insanely, completely changes the exhaust noise too, i hate driving the car in...
  6. A

Head Unit Loom Wiring Colours

How did you get it sorted in the end then mate, glad we managed to get the rest of the stereo in.
  7. A

Anyone know of a dealer near Guildford with a DC5 in?

MOTOCARS, in newbury will let you drive one, i drove one there, then bought one privatly. Give em a bell and book a test drive.
  8. A

Coilover choice?

I have D2's aswell, and from goes in other DC5's and passengers im finding them to not be all that much stiffer than the stock suspension, they crash about a bit on pot holes and speed humps, but there not too bad overall... I run my damping reasonably stiff now aswell, about 16 clicks front...
  9. A

my old car ....help trace it !!

That will be my one mate, M 8 A** i have on mine.
  10. A

HOT North Weald Car Activity Day 2/11/07

Is anyone else going to this, thought id pop along again, was good cheap day out last time round!
  11. A

Fitting Rear Roof mounted washer jet...

got the full set of colour coded ones now, fitting the bonnet pair was a 5 min job, however the roof one for the rear looks much harder. It appears to me that its going to be a headlining off job, has anyone done this and can give me a little guide on how the lining actually comes off, i dont...
  12. A

Best Bridgestone for the DC5?

I have the RE 050 ALZ on the front and the older 050 MZ on the rear, i have tried them both ways round and i have to say the MZ compound ones are stiffer and grip better than the LZ's. Persoanlly id go for MZ's if you have the option, but im not sure iif 050A's come in MZ or if its only the...
  13. A

New coilovers

Theres lots of jap brand suspension you could get imported but i would imagine noone has it and so cant help you with it. If you dont like the handling you could always get new springs for the D2's at different stiffness to sort out the issues you have.
  14. A

Spoon front lower brace/bar???

They do make a DC5 one, but its not the same part as for a DC2 im sure. If yours is for a DC2 it wont fit id imagine.
  15. A

No underseal on potential purchase - a problem?

mines been waxoyl'd, but it wasnt done straight away i did it when i bought it, its still fine underneath, so honestly if the car is good and theres no visible rusting, go for it.
  16. A

What Colour Wheels?

They look nice, gunmetal rota torques?
  17. A

ORC clutch & D2 suspension

mine are about 15 tclicks front, 18 clicks rear, but i think i need to do the rear stiffer still, as the rear is noticaly less stiff when driving.
  18. A

DC5 video!!

I cant make it in the day time either so im out :-(
  19. A

Hi!

Welcome to the site mate
  20. A

D2 coil overs on ebay

I dont find them overly stiff, most people seem to find my ride quality similarish to OEM and i have the damping set right up at about 2/3 hard... I would say dry weather grip etc.. is fantastic even on road and bad surfaces, but in the wet there is a definate scrabbling for grip and slight...