Search results

1. I

Bridgestone RE050A, RE070 and F1 Asymetrical

Its boring having to read aniother tyre thread. However, i really need hlp, i have to order 4 new tyres tomorrow. I have limited my choice to RE050A, which i currently have fitted, RE070 which i would like to fit, but concerned about themm being 225 only and not looking right. I also think...
  2. I

Brake trouble

I recently fitted some Project Mu NR pads to the standard discs on the DC5. Its not going to well, i think they might not be a good match for each other, unless i fitted them wrong (dont think this is the case as it is a pretty easy job). When i brake there is good initial bite, then if you...
  3. I

Do i need another 40 bhp?

I need some serious advice, i have been thinking about some limited tuning work on my DC5. I'm really not sure if i should do it or not and will it alter the driving expereince for the worse. I enjoy hitting 6k and then off we go. Reading through all the mods, i'm thinking Toda manifold and...
  4. I

Spare key for facelift - help...............!

I have looked through all the posts on spare keys etc, thats all well and good if you have a facelift without a factory fitted alarm. I have assumed i need a programmable key, i went to Honda todaym they confirmed this and told me it was £180 plus programmign and then i needed to get it cut...
  5. I

Track days on slicks

Not sure where to post this, Is a baffled sump really necessary for tracks days if your running slicks? How do slicks compare to R888? This is not for my DC5 but my CRX track car. Any help most welcome :D
  6. I

K-Pro for Facelift

Ok, sorry guys I need help - I was looking at all the postings on Kpro for the facelift dc5's. Please can someone explain how this is works for the facelift - any additional hardware required etc. Thanks
  7. I

Project Mu NR pads, anyone tried them on a DC5

Just wondering if anyone has tried project mu pads on the DC5. I have project Mu NR pads on my CRX del sol matched with Project Mu slotted rotors, they have awesome stopping power even with the standard calipers, and no squelling even. I have never been that happy/impressed with the DC5...
  8. I

More Road tax issues

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/news/defau ... ryId=17987
  9. I

All Toyo Tyre owners better read this!

Just came across this on the ring forum.........sounds serious :shock: http://marktg.toyotires.com/file/TireStorage.pdf
  10. I

How many miles does it take?

Just got some new tyres fitted, how many miles does it take to get them scrubbed in up to the optimum grip level . I set off from the tyres place and it was like driving on ICE. :shock:
  11. I

Tyre confusion - nightmare situation

Right, i have been through all the tyre threads and still don't know what to do. I'm thinking Bridgestone RE050A EZ, but the load rating seems to be 87W....... I have seen the goodyears GDS3, a lottery as to where they are made and they are now superseded, but i can't find the new ones in...
  12. I

Mugen Oil filter - is this right?

Just been looking at Mugen oil filters, did a bit of googling and came up with htis, any comments :? http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/mechanic ... ilter.html
  13. I

OEM Wheel Refurbishment

OK chaps, I need to get two CW OEM wheels refurbished, anyone know of a really good place that will do a top job? Prefer somethign in the south east as i dont really want to post the wheels. I imagine tyhat not too many place can match CW. Hope i might be wrong. Thanks............
  14. I

Head Unit Loom Wiring Colours

Help - Can anybody please tell me the colours of the wires within the standard connector block for; 1) Dimming connection (headlights on head unit dims) 2) Constant power connection from ignition I had a look in the RSX manaul but i'm not sure if it is the same. Thanks,
  15. I

Strange Tyre Wear

Any help most welcome, I have Facelift DC 5 which is standar, the drivers side rear tyre wear is causing me some concern. There is strange wear on the inside edge of the tyre which i can only describe as a step, it alternates block by block as high and low if your run your hand over it. All the...
  16. I

Help - is a DC 5 a coupe or hatchback

Can someone please look at thier log book and tell me if the DC5 is classified as a hatchback or coupe by the DVLA, my insurance company is confused. Thanks
  17. I

Teg will be here 3rd May

Interesting.....trying to find an unmodded car in Japan is quite difficult. I search for 3 months and eventually found an 05 facelift Gade 5 with Interior Grade A , unmodded in C/W with 8k on the clock, it has a parcel shelf and some nonsense HDD sat nav/TV/DVD/CD Player double din! The car...
  18. I

Where is a good place to get the ESVA prep done

I have searched but can't find much info on here regarding preparation of the car for the ESVA and also the ESVA its self. It ideally would be Southampton or Bristol which are close to me. Thanks....
  19. I

2006 DC5 emissions test and model report

I know this has been covered for 2001 to 2005 where there is a model report and there is a well trodden path for the ESVA test for importing. However, there is no model report for a 2006 DC5, this is due to the Euro 4 emissions law which effect imports after a manufacturing date of 31/12/05...