Search results

1. U

Wet carpets

Just by the foot blowers - I got damp patches on the carpet. Looks like it's moisture blowing through the foot vents off the aircon. Is that what it is? Moisture in the aircon system? Aircon works nicely enough and when I stop the car after using the aircon - it has a wee on the road like it...
  2. U

Wheel bearing shot

Pretty sure I've got a dead wheel bearing - rear nearside - can feel play in it and it's noisy. Is it just a case of changing the bearing or is it a complete new hub? Some car manufacturers make them so the bearing is integrated into the hub. Kinda hoping Honda aren't one of them.....! :shock:
  3. U

Tyre Pressures

I've been playing around with pressures trying to get something to balance the car up and I've deicided with 33 in the front and 31 on the rear for road use. Definately over 31 on the rear and it starts getting a bit floaty at the back, especially when the tyres have warmed up (pressure...
  4. U

Oil starvation issue

http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=11841 Interesting reading. Appears that "possibly" Honda fixed an oil pump design issue in 2003 cars onwards. Mine's an 04 8)
  5. U

Thinking about going SC

I've been mulling over what to do next for a few months, nosing around club rsx and K20.org etc trying to do some research for myself because people in the know here seem to act like government agent secret squirrels. Thought about cams but not overly sure about them: - Driving style will...
  6. U

Seat swap question

Got the Alcantra material to repair my seats and found a local trimmer place who are going to do two side bolsters and one side wing for £85 + VAT. Result. Now - I need to swap my seats over temporarily - do I just unbolt the whole god damn lot and switch them over or do I have to keep the...
  7. U

Stupid Recaro Seats

God dammit I hate the material on these Recaro's seats. I've got my very first tear in the material - the rib cage bit of the driver seat. So, here's the solution - I'm going to have them re-trimmed in PROPER leather. The stuff that doesn't wear out, or stain or mark. Going to talk to...
  8. U

Noise

My car was recorded at Donington at 101db then 100db with the bung in. Need to get it down to 98db somehow. Gruppe M induction Toda Manifold HKS Hi Power Muffler cat back exhaust K-Pro'd Has anyone any ideas? Is the Toda cat back nice and quiet? I could change the HKS for the Toda if needs...
  9. U

RE040's - beware

I've just asked Kwik Fit (yeah yeah, I know) to tell me what the difference was between RE010's and RE040's. We use the RE040's, DC2's use the RE010's. Well - they didn't know so they rang Bridgestone technical to ask them directly as I sat down to earwig on the conversation. Upshot is -...
  10. U

Toda Manifold - flex joint problem

I've rather stupidly caught the stump of my driveway security post and it's mashed the flexipipe on the Toda. F'in pee'd off aint the words. :evil: Anyway, i think Toda supply replacement flexi pipes - anyone ever replaced one as yet? Going to need to find a pretty damn good welder I...
  11. U

Service costs

How much you guys paying for servicing? And where you going? I ummed and arrghed about going to Honda but in the end I thought feck it - so I went to a local independant and gave him the service manual.pdf. I supplied the oil and the filter and he charged me £52 inc VAT. Result. 8)
  12. U

K-Pro tomorrow

Can not wait! :D 8) Mods :- Gruppe M Toda HKS Cat back
  13. U

Had the DC5 on the rollers

Graph - http://www.kore.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/RRday/Merlin-HondaIntegraTypeR.pdf I thought it may make around 240 bhp, but it made 232.4bhp (corrected). I had bought some Octane Booster but in the rush to get out the house completely forgot it. I was also going to reset the ECU but again...
  14. U

Squeek after gear change

Really feckin annoying! Car is squeeking from the engine bay area shortly after changing gear. It's not the clutch because it doesn't squeek at standstill, only when moving and in gear. It's when changing gear - a squeek when I press the clutch and a squeek when I lift it, but there's a bit...
  15. U

She makes me happy

Well I've been a DC5 owner now for two months. Two bloody expensive months at that, but worth every penny ;) Bought her from a dealer in Bristol, I remember turning up with my brother - went straight over and started nosing around looking for problems - half an hour later - couldnt find a god...
  16. U

Want to give the stock airbox a helping hand......

Decided I want to keep my stock airbox, i've got the spoon drop-in in it. Insurance is a pita so I'm decided I want to buy one of those thingmajigs that re-directs the air to the stock airbox. Sorry for the crap explanation but i think 5zigen do an intake piece and some other company do one...
  17. U

Mods fitted, power run done

Well i've had my car a month and so far it's been treat to :- Spoon drop in filter HKS Cat Back TODA 4-2-1 Manifold/Decat Went to System R Saturday just gone - to get the TODA fitted. Great guys there, really know their stuff and bang on price for the labour too. I'll be seeing them...
  18. U

What to mod next....?

Ok, from stock my car now has a HKS cat back and I opted for the Spoon Drop In filter after talking to Tom @ CPL about noise and modifying engine bay etc. So...what's next? I'm thinking decat all the way, then after that i'll go to Jakan and get the geometry done. If decat it is - which one...
  19. U

Induction advice please....!

Ok, i've just bought a 2004 DC5, pick it up Wednesday. :) I'm going to go for a HKS exhaust, had a chat to mikegsi and he described the noise as exactly what i'm after (growl when you boot it, no ear bleeding when you're just pootling around). However, not a bloody clue what i'm doing on the...
  20. U

99 ron fuel at Tesco's

Threads over at scoobynet (General Discussion) to firm it up. How handy is that? :D I'm off shopping for a DC5 tomorrow so that's well handy, lots of Tesco's in the West Mids where I live. :)