Search results

1. hondazzz

disc brakes life with ferodo ds2500

So guys, i have the following setup on my 5 for the last 18,000 miles: Ferodo DS2500 and Dixcel SD (slotted discs) .. the thing is both pad and rotors have wear out at the same millage(18,000miles). I use the car for fast road and had 1 track day.. is that normal for the rotors to wear at the...
  2. hondazzz

Solid Fabrications exhaust

Anyone looking into having an exhaust made by Solid Fabrications in the near future? I could use his/her help if willing to. Thank you Ikaros
  3. hondazzz

Camber bolts max negative camber

As per title..what is the maximum negative camber you have succeed with eibach camber bolts? And what suspension? I know they advertise a number + - 1.75 i think ,but i believe is a very generic one. Also anyone had a problem with their camber bolts slip?
  4. hondazzz

Rear shock lower bushings

Does anyone has ever measured the outside diameter of the lower bushings of rear shocks? Trying to see if it fits my aftermarket coilovers. I need an accurate reading since i know its closed to what i need but not precisely
  5. hondazzz

Identifying a knock

Well ..long story short i am trying to identify a knock on the front end of the car.. It happens on bumps.. I have replaced top mounts that were worn.. lower ball joints checked, all the bushes ok... only think i am not sure is the tie rod ends. they don't have a play ..but they can move with...
  6. hondazzz

Buddyclub rca (Roll center adjusters)

I am looking into buying a set of Buddyclub Rca, what i want from you people is reviews regarding quality/longetivity...its not a part that i would be happy if it fails...so those who have them please chime in..
  7. hondazzz

Buddyclub n+ coilovers bushings

I have Buddyclub N+ coilovers installed on my teg and it seems that i need to replace the rear bushings. does anyone know if oem replacement bushings would fit? thanks
  8. hondazzz

wide tires

wide tires,who has what? i am thinkinn 235/40r17 on 8" wheels.. who else has gone wider and what he has find out.. i am looking mostly for grip on the corners but if it helps with the 1-2nd gear wheel spin too,i would appreciate it
  9. hondazzz

Aftermarket steering wheel

I am playing with the idea of an aftermarket steering wheel. Whats your opinion?your experience? Our 5's supposed to have a sporty steering wheel...so does an aftermarket wheel make a difference worthy of loosing the airbag?
  10. hondazzz

wider tires

i was considering going for 225/45/r17 tires, i have read mixed opinions in the forum but i dont know if those that said that it makes no difference were talking for a 225 on a 7" wheel. So if i use a 225 tire on a 7,5" width wheel will it worth the upgrade from a 215 7"?
  11. hondazzz

Ball shaped gear knob

I am thinking of getting a ball shaped gear knob... Who has one.. how would you comment it against OEM? Photos welcome!
  12. hondazzz

ROTA WHEELS

Rota wheels..must be the most loved and hated wheel brand at the same time, searching and searching in u.s sites the opinions are mixed... what about in u.k? ok apart the fact they are copying other brands, what about quality? HAVE YOU or a friend had bad experience? good experience? let me know!
  13. hondazzz

215 tire on 8jj

hey guys, i am wondering, if fitting a 215 width tire on 8jj wheel will make my car handle worse? lets say it fits ok no rubbing etc.. does it hurts the handling?
  14. hondazzz

Exhaust mounts

Anyone has replaced his exhaust mounts? anyone used this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/190570215015 or something similar? i ve been told that under WOT and quick gear change my exhaust has a lot of movement. i have oem motor mounts and J's torque damper. My guess is that is caused by the engine...
  15. hondazzz

Buddyclub N+ coilovers assembly

anyone has pictures from buddyclub N+ coilovers ? i am trying to find out a detail shown on the top mounts.. there is a curved shaped washer. I want to see if it should face up or down. Search on forums ..some of them facing up some facing down..dont get it.. so anyone with pictures of...
  16. hondazzz

Vibra Technics Engine Mounts

I have just found these mounts and wondering if anyone is using them.. as a complete set. If so.. how are the vibrations.. how long are you using them. I have tried ESMM i didnt like the vibrations.. (maybe i didnt left them on the car enough to break in if they do get better).. removed...
  17. hondazzz

RBC TIGHT FITMENT ISSUES

Ok guys, i think i know everything i should know for RBC fitment on DC5... I am wondering.. 1.everyone who has one, has removed the clip/bracket that holds the bonnet catch? i have seen some having them in place, but involves some MORE modification to keep it. Any alternatives except from...
  18. hondazzz

Adjusting my engine torque damper

Hello people,i want to re-adjust my J's ETD,i have the instructions but i dont speak japanese:p what i need to know actually is the minimum and maximum length!
  19. hondazzz

Anyone knows anything about this exhaust system?

I 've just purchased a nice looking and sounding 5zigen cat-back.. a 5zigen GN+ , for those who have never seen one of those...here it is Now, take a look inside the b-pipe's muffler .. there is something like a valve or a "wall"... how restrictive is that.. is it a valve?anyone knows...
  20. hondazzz

REAR BRAKE ROTORS BEND

My rear brake rotors have bend (i think its the correct word,well they are not straight..) what i am wondering is WHY? Isn't it a bit wierd for the rear ones to bend? i mean they dont heat that much neither handle so much forces. Maybe from a carwash while they were hot..maybe not.I ve been...