Search results

1. A

pros n cons of this wheel fitment

Not been on here for a while............and my word I must say there's really some SpEcIaL people on here now!!! :xconfused: In all honesty, I would be concerned from a perspective of it actually being safe to drive with the tyres that stretched. I'm feeling a bit iffy about 235's on an 8.5...
  2. A

Teg will be going soon

Made the switch from DC5 to a IX FQ-340 with a few more ponies and have not regretted it at all. They are totally different cars and as long as you accept that there are certain area's where it is not as good as the DC5 (build quality of interior, feedback through the wheel and general balance...
  3. A

Fitting cams etc or 5psi Jackson Racing Supercharger

I had an SC DC5 and the power delivery was nice and linear and the car could still be well balanced through the twisties. As someone else stated you can;t drive these cars at full throttle everywhere anyway, and when you add more power to them you can use it even less!! More power does not...
  4. A

Crashed my DC today :( in Glencoe

That's a lot of cashola, I've put prices of some of the parts I priced up about 3 years ago. I couldn't honestly believe the cost of one Alloy wheel. :shock: I'm assuming the bulk of the cost is in the steering rack plus removal and fitting of the new one!! Hope you get it sorted soon mate.
  5. A

need some advise on my ecu please

Interested to see how this went........purely in the interest of science! :wink:
  6. A

Brembo Caliper Seal Kit?

Ouch bit of a nightmare, is that for one Caliper worth of seals?
  7. A

WILL A CIVIC JACKSON SUPERCHARGER KIT FIT MY DC5

As stated, do not buy. You would need to buy a whole load of brackets/mounts, a tensioner assembly & new manifold to make it fit a DC5. Way more hassle than it's worth.
  8. A

locked kpro

Give Corbie a shout if you want a full map done. Can't remember exact prices, but I'm sure it's approx 4hrs Dyno time to get a well sorted map.
  9. A

car running lean.. i think

Hmmmmm, more than meets the eye then. Sorry to hear about your issues. Been there with garages myself, and do a heck of a lot myself now. That way you at least know where you stand. :wink: They seem to have been clutching at straws, and to be honest I'm surprised they don't use a seperate...
  10. A

car running lean.. i think

Replace your O2 sensor. END OF!! :!: It might hurt your wallet a wee bit now, but it's cheaper than a cooked engine. :roll: Also you're basing your A/F datalogs on a cuffed sensor, so adding/removing fuel from the map based on those readings may not be what you actually need!!
  11. A

Am i about to be ripped off?

Yer missus is on the ball!!! Assuming you've got a black DC5 from your Avatar, black silicon sealant will do the job. Nice and easy to get a flush finish & means you can always fit the old plate back on without too much fuss.
  12. A

from aem v2 to mugen air box

Have you remembered to re-use the rubbers off the standard airbox? These are removed form the std one and fitted to the Mugen airbox. :idea:
  13. A

Can't agree more with the above sentiments. xthumbup Top bloke, knows his stuff. He's helped me out of a sticky wicket or two in the past!! :lol:
  14. A

Broke down tonight, Now Fixed

Shouldn't be anything terminal. I would reckon the worst thing that could have happened is that the belt could have chopped through the wires on one of your engine sensors or ABS sensors as happened to me with my first belt on the supercharger!! So it is worth having a nosey about where the...
  15. A

Sports Cat & Quiet system

The quietest exhaust to get would be the Mugen Twinloop. Gives good gains, isn't too loud (tried and tested by the wife!! :lol: ) and has that Mugen bling to it too!! 8) This will be up for sale in a week or so if you are interested!! :D The stock manifold is made of relatively thick...
  16. A

Gentle cornering at speed

Sounds like a bit of good old lift-off oversteer you've got there. Basically where the weight shifts from the front of the car to the rear when you lift-off the power and provokes a bit of oversteer. :!: The LSD works as Chris says……only when you apply power to the front wheels...
  17. A

Request: Scottish Fujitsubo users, and other q's

I've got a Mugen Twin loop on mine that I may have to sell to free up some cash now. Uber quiet for cruising on Mway, but still has a good deep roar when hitting VTEC, and top notch quality too.
  18. A

TOYO'S T1R 215/45/17 OR EAGLE F1 GSD3??

I had the Toyo T1-R's fitted, and lost the back end on a relatively slow speed corner. I also didn't like the whole car moving about on jelly thing either, so don't really rate them. :x I used to fit Eagle F1 GSD3's to my DC2, but the tyres would only last a couple of track days cause they...
  19. A

Willy size comparison

Have to agree with Pudski and Premadonna. JRSC, no problems with engine, OEM clutch (it's done 50k miles total 8k of which was SC'd xthumbup), stock Brembo's are more than capable and changing to better pads makes them even better!! As to too much power for the front wheels, then I'd beg to...
  20. A

Have a JRSC CTR EP3 and was thinking of DC5

As MilanoChris said, the EP3 kit won't fit. The whole tensioner set-up is different as the EP3 has EPS and the DC5 has the good old proper feeling hydraulic set-up. The inlet manifold is totally different and the actual blower sits in the vertical plane in the EP3, and in the horizontal plane...